Lead and monitor primary functions of Production Control & Logistics Department (planning, scheduling, warehousing, transportation, material flow, material layout, inventory control, material handling, information systems, and spare parts control – storeroom). Provides support to all other departments to ensure on-time parts delivery and shipments.
- Ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods
- Coordinating and controlling the order cycle, EDI and associated information systems
- Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers
- Developing business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Implement a Plan for Every Part management at all sites
- Utilize Value Stream management and lean tools to reduce costs
- Support PC&L Plant managers as requested to build a strong network
- Achieve annual inventory turns forecast
- Achieve annual shipping compliance of OE and for service customers
- Drive Logistics MCIP initiatives
- Achieve budget for employee costs and travel expense
- Understand freight costs for Product Teams’ use in Business case creation to accurately reflect logistics costs
- Attend and support product team and business team activities
- Support SAP Logistics operations globally
- Continuous improvement support to sites
- Metric tracking to improve system use and guide retraining effort
- New SAP initiatives as define
- GXS Improvement
- Review PC&L company procedures with plant sites and revise as required
- Direct efforts of employees to achieve maximum output from the total team
- Manage SAP Warehouse Management implementation system
- Develop Mfg 4.0 PC&L continuous improvements
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Business Administration. Certification in APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) in a CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) or other PC&L related topic. (Preferred)
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years of experience in product engineering, manufacturing engineering, fab management and/or operations of high-volume manufacturing in a certified manufacturing organization (ISO/TS16949). Experience in material and/or production control. Experience in manufacturing and production control processes and procedures. Experience working in a multinational company and multiple language skills preferred.
- Knowledge of: Knowledge and experience of manufacturing operations. Knowledge and experience in material handling systems and operations.
- Ability to: Learn and interpret laws, rules and regulations affecting BWI’s manufacturing operations; prepare and present oral and written reports; deal tactfully and effectively with representatives of all functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org